Tuesday, November 25, 2008

m-i-c-k-e-yyyy m-o-u-s-eeee

YesterdayI went with my mom to the grocery store to get Thanksgiving food. We ended up going to Aldi and Moo & Oink which during the holidays is the height of G.C. (G.C. being the strip of stores on 183rd from Kedzie to Pulaski). It was madness. Aldi wasn't so bad actually it was pretty normal, but Moo & Oink was an experience. It wasn't scary or anything it was just crowded. There were greens on sale and apparently EVERYONE forgot to get a bag to put them in so EVERYONE went to get one including me when my mom asked. Then I started towards her (she was already at the front of the line) and I got dirty looks from everyone thinking I was jumping the line. So I went around had to hurdle a giant stack of greens in boxes just to wiggle and stretch my arm to touch my moms coat. I felt like I was trying to get to Jesus just touch the hem of his garment and I'll be healed. So I finally reached her while leaning over this box of greens and like THREW this plastic bag at her, as hard as a plastic bag can be thrown, and ran away. We kept shopping and they started playing Marvin Gaye's song "Sexual Healing" in the store haha. Well that just... loosened every person up and pretty much everyone was singing including the dingy old guys with 6 teeth collectively and 4 of them are gold. So my mom was like, "Oohhh we gotta leave" haha.

The moral of the story is:
Don't cut in line or BE cut
Marvin Gaye songs are too much for grocery stores.

:0)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails