Wednesday, November 5, 2008

lois this is not my batman cup

I was watching Army Wives on Sunday (the season finale... very predicable... very good though!) and afterwards Grey's usually comes on. This episode was the one where Dr. Bailey's high school crush gets admitted to the hospital and she makes that giant speech at the end. I had to watch the whole thing. It was just necessary. I love that speech. So then I found it... and it's pretty dang relevant to my own life besides being a doctor ya know and saving lives and being married haha but the principle of it is... pretty universal. so! here it are.

Miranda: Yeah, I pay attention. I pay attention! I pay attention to people in all walks of life, all types. I notice people. I see people. It's guys like you who don't see people like me.
Derek: I don't see you?
Miranda: I'm not talking about you, Shepherd. Just guys like you. Who don't see girls like me. We don't exist for you. We exist to do your homework! We exist to build your ego up... I am a successful married mother. I am chief resident, I am CHIEF resident of a major metropolitan hospital! I am a surgeon, who saved his life today! And he still doesn't see me... I may as well still be that high school girl with the mushroom haircut and the coke bottle glasses and the band uniform. The girl who didn't get to go to homecoming dance cause it didn't even occur to him to ask me. All those late nights tutoring him, and it didn't even occur to him to ask?

*sigh*... is that not me? an ego boosting, homework doing, piccolo playing band geek who only went to prom? with friends? unfortunately yes haha the band geek thing is not unfortunate i rather enjoyed it... thats ok... cuz half the guys that we end up liking are just geeks too haha

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails