Thursday, March 10, 2011

addendum

I can't believe I'm doing this...

I think I have to stop using recipes from Joy the Baker. *bursts into tears* I KNOW. I always end up having to tweak her recipes which I guess is the POINT of baking... you find your own style... usually I end up using salted butter for depth of flavor or adding a pinch more salt to her recipe in general (if you haven't figured out by now... salt in sweet recipes add depth and don't make it too cloyingly sweet aka gets-old-fast). Pretty sure for like... as long as I'm alive I will keep looking at her site... but I've finally seen the LIGHT! her site is not the only baking site out there. I finally get why my mother consults like 18 cookbooks in search of ONE recipe. One recipe never has the answer... it's usually a mix of one and pinch of the other and perfection is made.

There's a life lesson in that paragraph up there. I just know it.

In the meantime, in between time, check out this blog of awesome. For someone who could never be friends with guys I have two best guy friends that totally happen to have the same name. Fate? Maybe. Probably not. Anyway he's an up and coming artist who will fly me to his shows when he makes it big. *shrugs* one can dream correct?

Who's to say I won't be the one flying people out?? *woah!* dream big.

I meant that : )

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails