Saturday, September 20, 2008

last train home got to get on it

So currently I'm sitting at a friends computer updating my blog. believing that i blog here. and listening to blog number 28 of Immi Heap. Everytime EVERYTIME i hear a sample of her album... i just... my chest tightens and I get all worked up and I want her cd to be out RIGHT NOW right now i just can't wait for it. she's so amazing. immi immi immi.

So anyway more on my life adventures. I've been kind of depressed a little lately? Just because of things... you know things we deem as normal every day things that frustrate us. well i went to church the day i felt a little down (even my mom noticed) and this guy Larry Hutton (side note... my mom and I thought Ron Hutch was coming... Ron Hutch being... a fake person who is really Larry Hutton) came to speak about how we can have peace.

The thing is we've heard (or i feel we've heard) the message about how Christians need to have peace and things like that but he put it really simply and it was amazing. Jesus died... Jesus DIED. Jesus... died... was dead... so he could give us peace. He bore all sickness... but not just sickness he bore emotions... all of them ALL OF THEM so we could have peace and be happy. And yeah we hear that so much but... do we even get it? someone took on all the 'bad days' the days of frustration of worry of feeling lonely, sad and unwanted and not worthy of any ones love... he took that and DIED for it.

how... how can we not have peace? its there its instilled in all of us we just have to grasp it. someone DIED so we could feel wanted and loved and never alone! it brings tears to my eyes. feeling depressed is a choice that i don't have to be. I mean seriously. If you feel those feelings coming on you CAN say no to them cuz they are something trying to attack them.

Right now I'm looking at the Amplified version of John 16:33 which says: "I have told you these things, so that in Me you may have perfect peace and confidence. In the world you have tribulation and trials and distress and frustration; but be of good cheer take courage; be confident, certain, undaunted! For I have overcome the world. I have deprived it of power to harm you and have conquered it for you." He conquered all those things on the cross... just so we could feel good and have a happy life walking with Him.

So whenever I feel down I can say to my body (because God gave me the dominion to rule over my body and mind) I can choose to have peace and choose to be happy. I swear to bob its so much more funner. :0)

thinkin',

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails