Sunday, September 13, 2009

i'm bad. chum'on!

I'm a fan of lists. There are to-do lists on the back of my phone (most recent: the directions to the Renegade Craft Fair and Metra train times home), random lists like this and this and I think to-do lists played a part in getting me through the last half of my Senior year of college (thanks yearbook room printer paper!). Planner's just don't work. Post-it's work. Printer paper works. I think the point of to-do lists is to enjoy crossing out tasks and feeling like I'm plowing through the list of crazy that happens to be my life.

Oh, know what else doesn't work? Computer task lists don't work. My Gmail list is WAY behind. way.

This just to say (no I'm not going to quote William Carlos Williams) I'm making a new list: How to Be Friendly. I can post, talk, twitter, facebook update as many times as my little heart beats about how I want a group of close friends that are made for me but that doesn't make any appear out of thin air. Taking instruction from the Bible I need to show myself friendly to get friends. Sow friendliness. Reap good friends.

Here's the thing. This is an empty list. It's a growing, living, breathing list cuz I have no idea what to do. Good AT friendship. Bad at getting, maintaining them. I'm actually out of words. If I go any further it starts to sound like a personals ad and horrible rambling, but I will update the list as I go along...
frustrated.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails