Thursday, September 17, 2009

knitted inspiration

knit alert :0)
I am almost done with the second leg warmer! It's been SO LONG and I'm like 4 inches away. I've resorted to taking it to work with me. I'm that determined. I am attempting before Saturday so I can get them on my niece and pictures up. They're so warm... I want to live in them.

I am a fair-weather knitter (lol a good name too - yaay i thought of one!). I knit, knit, knit then stop. for like 60 years. then all of a sudden it's Christmas... and i knit, knit, knit, Christmas is over then i'm tired and i stop for 60 more years. then summer comes haha. but when i need a knit-kick-in-the-pants i look at these:


her name is Siobhan (pronounced Sha-VON - WHO KNEW?!) from moocowhandknits on Etsy. She is my favorite etsy seller at the moment because she gets me in the 'let make something AWESOME' mood. I have made the drop stitch scarf and I REALLY want to make the the magic ring wrap cuz it's so versatile and comfortable. One day I'll work up to that black button up wrap. and then of course i'll rule the world afterwards. it's all in the plan, keep up!

I ordered a pair of needles for a hat I'm making from a knit shop I decided to patronize (the good kind of patronize), but as it turns out all the ladies are 97 (cute as pie though) and keep losing my order for the right size needles.

My conversation with them:
Me! I need size 6, 16 inch, circular needles.
Gma-97 - FIVE SIX??! We don't sell that. We only sell 5 OR 6.
Me! I need. SIZE. SIX. 16 inch circular needles.
Gma-97 - OH. oh. okay. what kind?

And apparently they do inventory once a YEAR. If they don't get here soon I'm just going to adjust the pattern cuz this is ridiculous... but I will get their yarns... love em.

on a completely different note - right now i'm into shoes with stories behind them. shoes with impact. first TOMS now these from Sseko (courtesy of designmom). i can't wear heels. i can't wear boots. i can BARELY wear TOMS - but trust me... when those shoes come back i will wear them. i will wear them like the stepsister in cinderella that tried on a size 5 shoe with size 12 feet they WILL FIT. just sayin - but i am very sure i can wear THESE:


mhmm. don't you wish summer wasn't ending? go ahead. get them. save them but secretly wear them in the house.

love.

knitting and shoes where your feet can breaaathe. the ideal day. for me haha

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails