Friday, August 21, 2009

move me if you want to

ADVENTUUUURE! currently i'm writing this to the tune of "Mountain and the Sea" by good ol' INGRID.

If you are keeping up with me by Faceybook, Twitterbug or wHatnot (and i'm certain you are not because I'm not so interesting.) I keep calling this Social Week. Yeah, well, that's cuz everything social has happened this week. Monday was IKEA and Cheesecake Factory, Tuesday was NOTHIN' - I worked for 8 hours haha. Wednesday/Thursday was my downtown adventure with my bestest Anisha and today was lunch with a friend. so in a series of posts mostly labeled, "ADVENTUUURE!" from Flapjack, who i love in a cartoonish platonic kind of way, you'll hear about:

SOCIAL WEEK. (which is to be said like you'd say, "SLAAAM!" or "some o' yo' momma's BISCUITS.")

Monday: IKEA! Can I just say how awesome of a store IKEA is? I know that it's slowly dismantling everything unique and antique BUT somehow these designers make things that serve more than one purpose. Lamp shades that are artwork, tea-light holders that turn upside down to hold taper candles. A chair that brings happiness because it was only 99 BUCKS. And even the food is good! A meatball is a meatball is a ball. of MEAT. but theirs are SO GOOD! and the dang sparkling pomegranate-apple juice is so awesome some slow lady thought it was sparkling wine. haaaa.

The store itself is specially made NOT to give you a headache after 4 hours of hardcore shop time. It's like ergonomically designed to be light and airy at all times. My mom and I shopped for like 6 years and had three - count them THREE - carts and made it out alive! I go in K-Mart and come out with a massive headache. I hate big stores cuz they seriously put a cramp in my back. Love IKEA. Love it. I got shelves, a pretty lamp (currently adorning this desk), um OH a basket to hold my growing plethora of yarn, a duvet cover (that I secretly wish I got a different color of... WHY did I stick with traditional? oh boob.) and a blanket. OH and a new pillow... for tummy sleepers - that's me!

We even got a chair in my mom's tiny car and after it went in i yelled YAAAAAAAAY! and people stared. OK but seriously? people were trying to STEAL the chair! It was super cheap and really comfy and no joke people were mean muggin! OK, foreign couple at the end of the hallway I SEE YOU. DON'T PLAY LIKE I CAN'T SEE YOU. You better -- stop it! Step away from -- THAT'S NOT EVEN YOUR CART.
vultures.

Then we ate at the Cheesecake Factory to which I've never been. I've only been to Grand Lux and it was really nice! my mom got the most amazing meal and I got the worst.
Note to everyone: don't get a crab cake sandwich when you're expecting something amazing. you'll be super underwhelmed.
Desert made up for it. Get ready. Red. Velvet. Cheesecake. *dies* I KNOW RIGHT?! ugghhhhh. layers of really GOOD red velvet cake and cheesecake. red velvet. cheesecake. it was beautiful. You know how some red velvet cakes are pretty much just... red chocolate cakes? Oh no. not this one. It was real red velvet and the best cake out of cheese ever. i should keep that in mind for a wedding cake. people would kiss each other in excitement.

It was a REALLY good day! oddly relaxing for a Monday. It was like a no-day. You know how days feel like other days? "Today doesn't feel like a Friday it feels like a Tuesday." It didn't feel like ANYday. It was like an un-day. The antithesis of a day of the week. 'Twas awesome.

downtown adventures come soon. a precursor though... I think I'd wanna live downtown if I had a roommate. that way we could get a SWEET place and not have to worry about being mugged ya know? just thoughts...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails