Saturday, June 6, 2009

sandcastles in the sand

I enjoy posting when I'm at work. It's elevendy a.m. and I have to open from like... now on at this horrible time of the morning and there are no chairs. I'm currently sitting on a tiny rolly stool that makes me look like I'm either stunted in growth or 3 years old. Take your pick, either one is accurate.

So update for the week. I've collected myself from last week's eating frenzy. Seriously there were too many opportunities I took to eat. Memorial Day at Pastor Robb's. Bongo Room with Nora & Anisha. Breanna's graduation party filled with banana pudding from Heaven and mini cheesecakes. But I wasn't the only one who had a bad week, so at least I wasn't alone in my quest for trying to singlehandedly conquer the entire culinary world in terms of eating.

We had a volleyball game on Sunday, which was SO fun. I used to play volleyball in what... 7th and 8th grade and, dude, I totally still miss it. I was COVERED in sand from constantly diving for the ball. I ended up in a split, which everyone, including myself, said, "OOOOOOOoooo..." but i salvaged it Shawn Johnson style by THROWING my hand up in the air and yelling 'STUCK THAT LANDING!' hahaha it was pretty awesome.

I ended up emailing CCS to kind of... not tell her off but at least tell her what's goin down. Here's the game plan. Back off sister. That was the gist of the whole email. This whole thing had me stressed to the point of literally moving backwards and I had to take hold and say, "QUUUUUIT IIIIIIIT!" *there's an echo, too* I've done much better this week in terms of eating. I need to uh... still get on the ball with exercise. It's just not something I enjoy. Not a mood elevator, no adrenaline rush, no endorphins. So at the end of the day I may still want to kill my husband in spite of exercise. (Sorry Elle Woods) But I'm getting there. I have to be diligent.

This is ending up to be a spiritual battle as well as a physical one. When you shake off something old or decide to change a habit you're fighting your insides as well as changing your outside. It's a crazy thing... but I don't ever want to give up or go back to who I was, well, who I was on my way to be.

Now to finish this ridiculously strong cup of coffee Rudi made. It makes me shiver every time I take a sip. I think that's too much haha

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails