Wednesday, May 15, 2013

SLW power songs

Every woman needs a song that will make her want to dance/punch things/run a million miles all at the same time. 99% of those songs, for me, are Beyoncé. Um... because Beyoncé. But I wanted to share some of my personal Single Lady Pump Up the Jam's with you. Who can resist a good jam?

Beyoncé - Grown Woman - not yet released but this video gets me through... as I watch it daily.

They like the way I walk
Cuz I walk with a vengance
And they listen to me when I talk
Cuz I ain't pretendin'
I'm a grown woman! 
I can do WHATEVUH I WANT

Avicii - Silhouettes - ULTIMATE POWER SOOOONG. Also it makes me wanna twerk just a bit.

We've come a long way since that day
And we will never look back at the faded silhouettes
Straight ahead on the path we have before us
Day by day we know a change will come
Don't you know we took a big step forward?

30 Seconds to Mars - Kings & Queens - this makes me wanna throw my hands in the air and YELL for a good 20 seconds. It reminds me a lot of MuteMath who I also love.

We were the kings and queens of promise

Estelle - Freak - for the times you just need to let it OUT. And sometimes you do.

I can be a freak, every day of every week. 

Midnight City - M83 - this is just one of those songs that makes me want to run... while simultaneously sobbing. It's just so good... it hasn't gotten old. I think it's the saxophone at the end of it. 

The city is my church
It wraps me in sparkling twilight

Here's this for good measure. And this

HAPPY WEDNESDAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails